2015년 10월 9일 금요일

Unique "BASEBALL" Culture in Korea

Hello everyone:) I'm staff Harriet from Leo Guesthouse Hongdae.
What's your favorite sports?!
I really like watching football (BUT not Korean League:/).
My second favorite sports is Baseball!
I don't really watch baseball on TV or on the smartphone.
It's too long (3-4hrs) to watch the whole game.
But I love love LOVE going to the baseball stadium!!!!!

Whenever my foreign friends visit Korea, I take them to the baseball stadium!
I think it's one of the best experience that tourists can have in Korea.
It's definitely MORE than just a baseball:)


There are 10 teams in the Korean league.
Doosan Bears (Seoul), LG Twins (Seoul), Nexen Heroes (Seoul),
Samsung Lions (Daegu), Lotte Giants (Busan), SK Wyverns (Incheon),
Kia Tigers (Gwangju), KT Wiz (Suwon), NC Dinos (Changwon), Hanwha Eagles (Daejeon)

Some names might be familiar to you like Samsung or LG.

I support Doosan Bears! I don't really have a reason.
Maybe I was born in Seoul and I live in Seoul.
Or Doosan Bears Home stadium is the closest stadium from my home.



So why is it more than just a baseball?!


1. EAT & DRINK


We can eat anything and drink beer in the stadium.
Soju is prohibited btw.
Do you know we can deliver fried chicken everywhere in Korea?!
I usually call and order fried chicken 3hrs before the game starts
and then pick it up in front of the subway station near the stadium when I get there!!!!
There are so many foods you can buy in the stadium!
There's everything!!!



2. Cheerleading


I usually eat chicken and drink beer when my team is on defense.
And when my team is on offense I stand up and shout and scream and dance!!
This is the best part about going to the baseball stadium.
Everybody screams and shouts the same words and support the players!!!
It's sometimes so touching that I almost cry.
Btw the guy in the picture is the captain of the Doosan Cheerleading team.





3. Watching the Game


 Baseball is quite fun to watch when you are drinking.
It may be a little boring when you are not doing anything.
2015 Baseball season is almost over now.
The post season has just begun this month!!!



Anyway, I suggest you to go to the baseball stadium when you visit Korea!!!
It will be an unforgettable memory in your life!!!!!









*Contact*
+82.10.4628.8873
Kakaotalk : mhhealing
Line : leoguesthouse
Wechat : leoguesthouse12


*How to Book Leo Guesthouse*

Booking.com
http://www.booking.com/hotel/kr/leo-hongdae.ko.html?sid=8df36bff6c2419f7e195fa6779de2105;dcid=4;dist=0&type=total

Agoda
http://www.agoda.com/ko-kr/hongdae-leo-guesthouse/hotel/seoul-kr.html?setcookienew=1

Expedia
https://www.expedia.co.kr/Seoul-Hotels-Leo-Guesthouse-Hongdae.h10630012.Hotel-Information?chkin=2015.06.30&hwrqCacheKey=e6259579-a76f-4a8d-b9db-374209b6b961HWRQ1431657733943&chkout=2015.07.01&rm1=a2&#rooms-and-rates




https://www.facebook.com/hongdae.leo

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기